For the Kitchen & Banquet
- Posters – English | Spanish
Hang in staff areas for visual reminders of best practices.
- Here – Not Here Poster
- Reduced Waste Menus, Guiding Principles
- Reduced Waste Menu Sample
- Ingredient Yield Heat Map
Insight into what parts of produce are edible and recommendations to repurpose typically unused parts.
- Food Waste Bin Tracker (pdf)
Spreadsheet to measure your waste
- Repurposing Guide (graphic)
- Best Practices Pre-Service
- Best Practices Post-Service
For the Task Force
- Sample Script and Agenda for Task Force Kickoff
- Strategic Roadmap
How to set goals for your property
- Food Waste Audit Guide
Includes a simple tracking table
- Meal Level Audit Template
For more specific data collection
- Training Videos
- Overcoming Common Challenges
- Weekly Updates
A set of 15 weekly emails to keep your team on track with tasks, tips and reminders.
An short overview of the main toolkit themes and top tactics for action
English | Spanish | Portuguese | Chinese | Japanese | German | French | Hindi | Arabic
- Full Toolkit (English)
- Full Toolkit (Spanish)
For PR, Sales, and Customer Engagement
- Sharing Reduced Waste Menus with clients
- Customizable Food Philosophy Sign
- Customizable A La Carte Sign
- Checklist: How Meeting Planners Can Prevent Food Waste
- Bag to Earth
Order customized compostable bags to place in guest rooms. You can then divert their organic waste to an organics hauler with the rest of that stream.
Background and Research
Check out the research and experimentation that went into the creation of this toolkit.
Reconsidering the Food Journey in Hotels: Prevention and recovery actions. Timothy de Waal Malefyt, Ph.D., December 8, 2016.
Food Waste Opinion Leaders Study. Bellinson & Company, October 19, 2016.
Future of the Buffet – The results of prototyping session with innovative design firm IDEO
WRAP – WRAP shared research it conducted in the hospitality space in the UK.