For the Kitchen & Banquet
Hang in staff areas for visual reminders of best practices.
- Reduced Waste Menus, Guiding Principles
- Reduced Waste Menu Sample
- Ingredient Yield Heat Map
Insight into what parts of produce are edible and recommendations to repurpose typically unused parts.
- Food Waste Bin Tracker (pdf)
Spreadsheet to measure your waste
- Repurposing Guide (graphic)
- Best Practices Pre-Service
- Best Practices Post-Service
For the Task Force
- Sample Script and Agenda for Task Force Kickoff
- Strategic Roadmap
How to set goals for your property
- Food Waste Audit Guide
Includes a tracking table
- Overcoming Common Challenges
- Weekly Updates
A set of 15 weekly emails to keep your team on track with tasks, tips and reminders.
An overview of the main toolkit themes and top tactics for action
- Full Toolkit PDF
For PR, Sales, and Customer Engagement
Background and Research
Check out the research and experimentation that went into the creation of this toolkit.
Reconsidering the Food Journey in Hotels: Prevention and recovery actions. Timothy de Waal Malefyt, Ph.D., December 8, 2016.
Food Waste Opinion Leaders Study. Bellinson & Company, October 19, 2016.
Future of the Buffet – The results of prototyping session with innovative design firm IDEO
WRAP – The Waste and Resources Action Programme (which operates as WRAP) shared research it conducted in the hospitality space in the UK.